.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Laurie at Vet School
By - SendLaurietoVetSchool.com

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Finals Week


Last Day of Zoo Rotation

Finals begin this Monday and end on Friday. I can't wait until exams are over and I can go home for the holidays!
My past two rotations have been my favorite so far. I spent 2 weeks at the Los Angeles Zoo and then 2 weeks at Antech Diagnostics. Even though the zoo was technically a "hands off" rotation I learned so much. I was able to monitor anesthesia for a variety of animals and was even able to help out with some of the diagnostics. I also got to make a presentation on the anatomy and physiology of air sacs in Orangutans. Unfortunately I am not allowed to go into too much detail about what I did and saw at the zoo or post any of the pictures that I took
I also loved my diagnostic laboratory and pathology rotation at Antech. For the first time in 2 1/2 years I was able to have some lectures instead of only doing problem based learning. I finally feel like I understand clinical and gross pathology. It was like a huge light-bulb came on when the pathologists taught us. I am excited to apply what I've learned when I do my small animal rotations later on this year. During this rotation I also got to do my first small animal necropsy and write up my own necropsy report.
In addition to studying for finals I am also in the middle of planning out and applying for clinics next year. So far I am doing a Cardiology and Internal Medicine rotation at Angell Memorial Hospital in Boston and a Pathology rotation at Antech. My core surgery rotation and my core internal medicine rotations are in the O.C and in L.A. I am applying for an Oncology rotation in Colorado and still haven't decided where I am going to complete both my Emergency and Imaging rotations.
I will write again after exams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home