.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Laurie at Vet School
By - SendLaurietoVetSchool.com

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bunny Bunch


This afternoon I had my Veterinary Ambulatory Community Service (VACS) rotation. On today's rotation we spayed and neutered animals brought in by Bunny Bunch which is a no-kill, non-profit rabbit rescue. I was able to scrub in to surgery and assist with an open castration of a Guinea Pig! Not only was this my first guinea pig neuter but it was also my first open castration on any small animal! I also monitored anesthesia for several bunnies and a chinchilla surgery. The rotation made me realize how different all of the different species of animals that I will be treating as a doctor are. If you live in the Southern California area and are interested in adopting a rabbit, please visit the Bunny Bunch website for information: http://www.bunnybunch.org/about2.html
The picture above is of Wynken, one of the rabbits that I monitored anesthesia for. Both Wynken and her sister Blynken are in need of a home!

1 Comments:

  • Hi Laurie,

    I think this Blog is an amazing idea, I would donate but I don't really have any money to spare (I'm trying to get into vet school)

    I have recently been given the chance for an interview at Western Univ, and as I was searching the internet for help with interview questions, I came upon your site.
    Do you remember the questions you were asked? Can you help me in any way?

    Thanks!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home