.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Laurie at Vet School
By - SendLaurietoVetSchool.com

Monday, October 16, 2006

Block 6

After having 2 whole days to catch up on sleep and cleaning I started my 6th Block at Western U. The first day went well. It started at 8am today with a Clinical Skills Presentation on "Dealing With the Elephant in the Room" ie. how talk to clients about their pets veterinary bill. We watched a few videos and critiqued both the veterinarians and the clients body language and attitude about discussing the cost of service.
Next, I had my first Problem Based Learning (PBL) session with my new group. Even though my group is stuck in the smallest PBL classroom in the building (its known as "the closet") I think that we will do fine together. Everyone is really nice and considerate of each other. Our first case of the block is an 11 year old, spayed, female, indoor, domestic long haired cat with a history of seizures and currently has severely elevated liver enzymes, cholesterol, T. bilirubin etc. indicating liver disease AND also has a non-regenerative anemia. So basically I am going to be studying all things LIVER this week.
Tomorrow I have my first Banfield Rotation of the block. To prepare for my rotation tomorrow I had to get a 90% or higher on two online Dentistry quizzes.
I also have to write a two page veterinary issues paper that is due this Friday.
Well I have to get back to studying all things LIVER. I will post another update soon!
Oh and I almost forgot, I recieved my first set of midterm grades and I PASSED :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home